Job Title : Security Guard
- Must have completed the Basic Security Training course and hold a Valid Security License
- Good, flexible availability during the week - days, evenings, graveyard, and weekend shifts
- Class 5 driver's license is an asset but is not mandatory
- Previous customer service experience is an asset
- Strong observation and communication skills, the ability to maintain self
- control and the ability to make quick decisions during emergency situations
- Should be comfortable working alone or within diverse teams and must be able to stick to procedures and set routines
- Must act in a disciplined, honest and ethical manner
Job Title : Loss Prevention Agent
The Loss Prevention Agent is responsible for protecting the assets of the company, including the associates through prevention, awareness, communication and deterrence. The Loss Prevention Agent ensures the customer experience through providing a “Crime Free Store” by making safe apprehensions, deterring internal and external theft, as well as, assisting in providing a safe shopping experience. The Loss Prevention Agent is responsible for the timely training of all new hires on Loss Prevention policies and procedures. The Loss Prevention Agent will work closely with store management to increase Loss Prevention awareness, maintain operational excellence and minimize the overall losses.
- Identify Associate theft and assist with internal investigations at the direction of Loss Prevention Manager, Loss Prevention Supervisor, District Loss Prevention Manager, and or Regional Loss Prevention Manager
- Recover assets and / or make safe apprehensions following company apprehension policies. - Complete all necessary Loss Prevention documentation
- Identify and report organized crime rings to the Organized Retail Crime Manager.
- Work with store personnel to identify inventory shortage opportunities and recommend solutions. - Audit compliance to physical security standards (EAS, leather locks, doors, etc.)
- Identify employee theft and assist with internal investigations at the direction of LPM, LPS, DLPM, and or RLPM.
- Recover assets and / or make safe apprehensions following company apprehension policies.
- Audit compliance to company operational procedures.
- Participate in storewide and individual sales associate meetings.
- Ensure Loss Prevention Awareness Center is current and up to date. - Create and maintain awareness by promoting available resources (Code of Business Conduct Hotline, LP awareness center, etc.)
- Demonstrates and acts in accordance with Gap Inc. Purpose, Values and Behaviors
- Participate in the on boarding process of new hires.
- Training on Operational Audit to ensure Operational Excellence.
- Maintain in store complete case paperwork, and ensure completion in a timely manner.
- Work with and train management team to ensure operational compliance.
- Serve with management to ensure safe work environment.
- Train and audit compliance to store safety standards (Code Adam, emergency exits, evacuation procedure, etc.
- Excellent communication, written and verbal
- Ability to evaluate circumstances and make timely decisions based on the company apprehensions guidelines.
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of staff and management.
- General operating knowledge of retail CCTV systems
- High School diploma or equivalent desired.
- 1-2 years or retail experience preferred.
- Alberta Security License required
- Must be able to stand / walk sales floor for 8 hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift and carry 20lbs.
- Regular time and attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which will require evening and weekend shifts.